_GOTOBOTTOM
SCAHMS Open Forum
Our general all purpose forum for discussions about the club, events, or meetings.
Thank you from Kings Road Miniatures
Jeffrey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
SCAHMS: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:09 AM UTC
Hi All,

I just wanted to take the time to say think you to everyone who bought figures from us at the show. I was surprised at how much positive feedback we got. I am very glad the figures are being well received. We wanted to do something different with our little figure company and it looks like people are interested in painting something a little different as well. The positive response has lit a fire under Larry and I and we are working hard to get the web site up and running and get the next three masters out.

I am also happy about my bronze medal. The Doolittle I did was the first all acrylic figure I have done in about 15 years. He was very experimental for me. I know I need to redo his eyes. My partner encouraged me to enter him, so I did. Who knew? He was far from perfect so I am very happy with my bronze. It shows I am on the right track even if I have a lot to relearn. Peter Ferk said he will give me some pointers. Which I am looking forward to. It was great too see a lot of familiar faces at he show. I know it was old home week for a lot of people besides me. I would get a wave from across the room and would see friends one their way to say hello and it would take them 30 or more minutes to make it over to the table. They would run in too so may people on the way over. So thanks to the show staff and the membership in general we will look forward to seeing you all next year. Let me just add Penny your Kate Stinson figure was wonderful. I was so glad you got her done for the show.

Best
Jeff Cupernell
Kings Road Miniatures.

And as we can see from the thread title my dyslexia strikes again, and I can not change it now
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
SCAHMS: 15 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 07:34 PM UTC
Hi Jeff,
We met briefly at last years show. I don't think we got a chance to talk at this years but it was a great show. Your figure was great. I should hopefully have some pics up (and show report) this weekend.

Cheers,
Jim

PS: Fixed the title for you.
Jeffrey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
SCAHMS: 8 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 - 12:30 PM UTC
Thanks a lot Jim. For some reason every time I type from I type form instead. I do this all the time.
 _GOTOTOP